XH™ SSLCertsLive™ SSL Certificate Services
SSL Certificate Services
Domain Validation (DV) SSL Certificates:
Organization Validation (OV) SSL Certificates:
Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificates:
Wildcard SSL Certificates:
Why might you need an SSL certificate? Here are the main reasons:
- If you need more than a self-issued certificate for your root CA. You may want this for use with vendors and clientyss on your extranet or for use with your remote BYOD users.
- To protect your WordPress user and administrator logins. Without an SSL certificate, your username and password data is transmitted in plain text whenever you login. It might be possible for a third party to capture this information.
- Note: You may be able to use an existing, shared SSL certificate already provisioned by your hosting provider. Call us to find out if you can do this.
- To protect all transmitted data during the time you are logged into the administrator area of your WordPress site.
- If you are selling products or services or accepting contributions online, an SSL certificate can help to protect those transactions and may be required for PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard) compliance.
There are several kinds of SSL certificates available and each one of these has a slightly different purpose. We can consult with you to determine if you need an SSL certificate and, if so, which type of certificate is most appropriate for your intended use. We can also consult with you on methods to obtain an SSL certificate and the required installation procedure. Note: in order to implement an SSL certificate, you will need a dedicated IP address. This can be implemented by most hosting providers, including XH.
Please give us a call if you have any questions — we would be glad to help you.